The rosary is recited 20 minutes before every Mass at Holy Family Parish.
Why Pray the Daily Rosary?
At Fatima (1917) Our Lady said: "I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the rosary every day to obtain peace for the world. After each decade say the following prayer:
“O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, and lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.”
St. Francis de Sales said that the greatest method of praying is to Pray the Rosary.
St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome, Italy, on just the Hail Mary.
St. John Vianney, patron of priests, was seldom seen without a rosary in his hand.
''The rosary is the scourge of the devil." - Pope Adrian VI.
"The rosary is a treasure of graces." - Pope Paul V.
St. Padre Pio, the stigmatic priest, said: "The rosary is the weapon."
Pope Leo XIII wrote 9 encyclicals on the rosary.
Blessed Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about our Lady and the Rosary. He prayed 15 decades daily.
St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: ''The rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, Who so loves His Mother."
Will you give 1% of each day to God? If so, pray the daily rosary.
''To recite the Rosary is nothing other than to contemplate with Mary the face of Christ." - Rosarium Virginius Mariae, Pope John Paul II, Oct. 16, 2002
The Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alain)
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
3. The rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means!
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, and he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the fullness of His graces, and at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the rosary are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Imprimatur: †Patrick J. Hayes, D.D., Archbishop of New York